Welcome to my Programming Blog...

I am currently working on a couple of projects: An original game called "Implosion" which I am porting from Flash to the iPad, and a remake of Q*bert in Python (pygame), as part of the class I am teaching. Please feel free to use the "Labels" (at right) to follow a specific project or theme. If you are one of my Python students, I recommend that you check out the Python thread.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Progress

Oh, we're cookin' now! (Summer vacation rocks!)

I now have seven different "selectors" - each a different shape. (Think of Tetris and count...) They all show up great, are movable by the player, rotate, and take chips out. Every time you take out a chip, the old selector goes away and a new one is selected. It's working well. I think I may have even ironed out a bug that sometimes required you to wiggle the rotation of a selector to get it to register. I think it was parked at 360°, instead of 0°.

So what's next? In no particular order....

  • Sounds
  • Scoring
  • A timer - what's a little pressure?
  • Messages - e.g., hints at first.
  • Surprises as the game progresses (sleepers and selectors)
  • Doors, so that the game does progress.
  • Particle effects, for a little pizzaz.
  • A display that rotates based on the orientation of the iPad.
  • Icons, name and snazziness
  • Pause/Start menu
  • High Scores? Maybe with Facebook?
One more strange thing - each of the selectors has a different color, and they are all partially transparent. For reasons that I don't understand, when different selectors appear on the screen, it changes the brightness of what is being displayed. Very odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment