Welcome to my Programming Blog...

I am currently working on a couple of projects: An original game called "Implosion" which I am porting from Flash to the iPad, and a remake of Q*bert in Python (pygame), as part of the class I am teaching. Please feel free to use the "Labels" (at right) to follow a specific project or theme. If you are one of my Python students, I recommend that you check out the Python thread.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Platforms

I'm working on creating the two hovering platforms that sit on either side of the pyramid and carry Q*bert to the top of the pyramid if he jumps on them. Not too much to show for it right now, though. I am borrowing a lot from the Cubes - so that I can position the platforms the way I would a cube and so I can detect when Q*bert has landed on one.

The other thing I am doing is going back and reviewing whether I am documenting my functions. I realize that I have been a little sloppy, making up functions without putting leading comments before them to remind me what they do. And that's not setting a very good example!

No comments:

Post a Comment