Welcome to my Programming Blog...

I am currently working on a couple of projects: An original game called "Implosion" which I am porting from Flash to the iPad, and a remake of Q*bert in Python (pygame), as part of the class I am teaching. Please feel free to use the "Labels" (at right) to follow a specific project or theme. If you are one of my Python students, I recommend that you check out the Python thread.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Progress through Thursday...

It took a bit of a refresher to remember how to initialize multidimensional arrays in C++, but eventually I was able to make it work. I am building an array with the relative coordinates of each of the 4 blocks in the various shapes. So that's 2 coordinates x 4 blocks x ? types of selector shapes.

Once I had that down, I wrote a bit of code to handle the rotation of those coordinates, based on the angle of the selector, as the user has determined (with the two finger rotation method). From that, I was able to respond when the user taps the screen to see whether all four Chips under the selector are the same or all different. If so, the chips will drop away and the screen will fill in. So the game is basically playable! (Though not without its issues.)

No comments:

Post a Comment