Welcome to my Programming Blog...

I am currently working on a couple of projects: An original game called "Implosion" which I am porting from Flash to the iPad, and a remake of Q*bert in Python (pygame), as part of the class I am teaching. Please feel free to use the "Labels" (at right) to follow a specific project or theme. If you are one of my Python students, I recommend that you check out the Python thread.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sio2 revelations

The more I see of SIO2, the more I understand what all the fuss is about. You really can set up a lot of aspects in blender not just the appearance, but the mass, solidity, friction, coefficient of restitution, etc. The tutorial I just watched showed the trainer creating things in blender floating in the air. He exported the file and moved to Xcode. Immediately, the objects fell down and bounced around on the contoured surface he had created. Very cool.

Still, I have to wonder whether I can clone the objects I create in Blender on the fly or not. If so, I haven't seen how to do it yet. If not, I suppose I could create all the objects i could possible need at one time and keep them off screen (behind the camera). But that would be a pain, and I wonder whether all those extraneous objects would slow the system down.
I will keep playing around with it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment