Welcome to my Programming Blog...

I am currently working on a couple of projects: An original game called "Implosion" which I am porting from Flash to the iPad, and a remake of Q*bert in Python (pygame), as part of the class I am teaching. Please feel free to use the "Labels" (at right) to follow a specific project or theme. If you are one of my Python students, I recommend that you check out the Python thread.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Bouncing Balls

Well, I was able to get some balls to show up on the Q*Bert grid and start bouncing down the cubes. In fact, I cranked up the drop frequency so that they fell almost every frame - it looked a little bit like water flowing. After that, though, I throttled back on the balls and let them come in multiple colors:
They now come in red, green and purple (not shown).

Next up - collisions with the balls and Q*Bert, followed by spawning other critters.

No comments:

Post a Comment