Welcome to my Programming Blog...

I am currently working on a couple of projects: An original game called "Implosion" which I am porting from Flash to the iPad, and a remake of Q*bert in Python (pygame), as part of the class I am teaching. Please feel free to use the "Labels" (at right) to follow a specific project or theme. If you are one of my Python students, I recommend that you check out the Python thread.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Q*Bert Graphics

I had a slow moment on Friday, so I made some pictures of Q*bert:
I've got him changing his orientation as he hops around. It's good for now - he has a very light grey outline, since the graphic was originally blended with a white background. It isn't too noticeable when he is in front of a cube, but it is fairly obvious and distracting when he is in front of the black background in the game.
I'd also like to make him seem to jump more when he is in flight. Perhaps I can make his feet point downwards more.

Next up: enemies!

No comments:

Post a Comment