Welcome to my Programming Blog...

I am currently working on a couple of projects: An original game called "Implosion" which I am porting from Flash to the iPad, and a remake of Q*bert in Python (pygame), as part of the class I am teaching. Please feel free to use the "Labels" (at right) to follow a specific project or theme. If you are one of my Python students, I recommend that you check out the Python thread.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Shapes and pads

File under: sio2 and implosion
Just some thoughts about what I've been working on the last few evenings. (I have been advised not to work on my private project during school hours, and I intend to honor that.) I've managed to accomplish two things:
  1. I think I have created a working SIO2 project template that works on the iPad. That's important, because my implosion game is a bit too detailed for the iPod/iPhone screen, IMHO. I took the template provided by the folks at SIO2 and converted the .xcode project and the .xib file to iPad versions.
  2. I've gotten more practice with blender and have created a set of five shapes: a ring, a box, a triangle, a cross, and an X. Ok. The X is just the cross, rotated. They all look good in blender, but for some reason, my app seems to be pulling from an earlier version of object data, so my changes aren't showing up. I suspect that the file it is pulling from is not the one I think it is! A project for this evening, no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment