Welcome to my Programming Blog...

I am currently working on a couple of projects: An original game called "Implosion" which I am porting from Flash to the iPad, and a remake of Q*bert in Python (pygame), as part of the class I am teaching. Please feel free to use the "Labels" (at right) to follow a specific project or theme. If you are one of my Python students, I recommend that you check out the Python thread.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Time keeps on ticking, ticking, ticking....

Ok! I've got a working timer now. Here's the video, and I'll post details after the jump.



The Timer is a set of rings that are "imploding" as time goes by. They have the benefit of being symmetrical, so they still make sense if you turn the iPad. Although they are not calibrated as such, the green one is sort of like a seconds hand and the red is like a minutes hand. (The video is sped up by a factor of 2x.)
When the user correctly selects four chips, the Timer gets a bit more time on it, depending on whether it was four of the same or four different chips. If the user makes a bad selection, the timer is penalized. At the moment, these changes just happen (the rings jump) - I am planning to make them animate so that the user can see them expand and contract a bit.

For now, the rings pass through zero and start expanding again. Eventually, I plan to make the game stop, and have an animation where all the Chips implode from the grid to the Center and explode outwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment