Welcome to my Programming Blog...

I am currently working on a couple of projects: An original game called "Implosion" which I am porting from Flash to the iPad, and a remake of Q*bert in Python (pygame), as part of the class I am teaching. Please feel free to use the "Labels" (at right) to follow a specific project or theme. If you are one of my Python students, I recommend that you check out the Python thread.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Leveling up

Now that the doors are working (and they show up where they belong - I had forgotten to add the doors to objectsToDraw), it has been short work to make them open when the user removes the chips at the corresponding locations. Next, I have a "level up" mechanism working, so that when a certain number of doors opens, the level advances and the doors all close. (The catch is that there will need to be more doors opened to get to the next level...)

While I was at it, I added in some sounds. I've borrowed the sound effects from the original Flash version I wrote, so the game feels more visceral to me now.

Next up, I am splitting my time between creating a timer and putting some text on the screen. I am trying to come up with a timer that makes sense when viewed from any angle - it needs to be radially symmetric, but still convey both macroscopic and microscopic change. I've got an idea for this - I hope to post it soon. The text will be for such things as "level," "doors remaining," "score," and various hints at the start of the game. It should be pretty easy, so I may add it in before I start on the timer....

No comments:

Post a Comment