Welcome to my Programming Blog...

I am currently working on a couple of projects: An original game called "Implosion" which I am porting from Flash to the iPad, and a remake of Q*bert in Python (pygame), as part of the class I am teaching. Please feel free to use the "Labels" (at right) to follow a specific project or theme. If you are one of my Python students, I recommend that you check out the Python thread.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Weirdness

Ok, so I have the logo from the last post (or something resembling that) show up in my program. And I have an sio2 "widget" with a graphic that says "play" set up to be a button. But now things get weird.

You see, you can't click on the button. But you can click on the button's reflection. The button appears 200 pixels from the bottom of the screen, but it only responds if you click on a point near 200 pixels from the top of the screen. Since I'm not the one who wrote the button code, I am a bit stymied. I can work around it by playing with the same touchscreen code that I used for the rest of the game, but I'd rather not. Alternatively, I could just center the button, but this isn't the only button I plan to use!

I've put in a request at the sio2 forum, and I hope to hear back on what to do about this....

No comments:

Post a Comment