Welcome to my Programming Blog...

I am currently working on a couple of projects: An original game called "Implosion" which I am porting from Flash to the iPad, and a remake of Q*bert in Python (pygame), as part of the class I am teaching. Please feel free to use the "Labels" (at right) to follow a specific project or theme. If you are one of my Python students, I recommend that you check out the Python thread.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Fix it, yourself

Ah, the Internet. You can usually find the answer there (if you know what to search for). Elsewhere in the discussion board, I found the answer - it was a cheat of sorts. You need to invert the y-component in the portion of the code that calculates where you touched. This fixed the widget button problem perfectly, but it meant that I had to invert the way I handled the y-coordinate in the rest of my code. As it turns out, this was a small thing - I had already inverted it to compensate months ago, so now I just needed to change three lines to undo my previous inversions. That's working much better now.

But now, as I test my program, I have found a bug. Sometimes, the chips aren't sliding all the way in, or are just disappearing so that there is a blank spot in the grid - which never goes away - the user is in a bind. I need to figure out what is going on! (I wonder if this has to do with the timed pieces I just added recently- I'll start there.)

Presuming I get that fixed, coming up are (in no particular order):

  • an instruction screen
  • a pause menu
  • animation on the title screen
  • in-game instructions
  • a second green ring in the timer
  • improved timer chip placement
  • a game over animation
  • scores on the title screen
  • additional selectors for higher levels
... and I think I can post the game! W00t!

No comments:

Post a Comment