Welcome to my Programming Blog...

I am currently working on a couple of projects: An original game called "Implosion" which I am porting from Flash to the iPad, and a remake of Q*bert in Python (pygame), as part of the class I am teaching. Please feel free to use the "Labels" (at right) to follow a specific project or theme. If you are one of my Python students, I recommend that you check out the Python thread.

Monday, January 3, 2011

First day...

I think we got off to a good start on the first day. We had a bunch of new material, but some time to play, as well. Let's see, what did we do....
  • Went over the class requirements, including the blogging requirement
  • Got everybody going in XCode with the default "Hello World" app
  • Added a couple of graphics to the scene
  • Introduced Actions and played around with them.
  • Started listening for touches
Whew! That's quite a lot, and I think the kids handled it well. We have a few folks that are a bit frustrated with semicolons, typos and matching brackets, but that seems par for the course - I think we all have been frustrated by that in most languages.

Tomorrow, I'm looking forward to creating a new class, moving around with the update: function, and some simple loops. If there's time, perhaps we can make a simple game of it....

No comments:

Post a Comment